Rock That 2018 Resolution!
The Benefits of a Personal Trainer In Tucson Arizona:
Year after year you make the same resolution: to lose weight. You know you’ll look better and that it is beneficial to your health, but each year it turns out the same: you start off with a bang but you lose your resolve and wind up back in your old routine. How can you truly commit to your weight loss goal this year? A personal trainer just might be the answer for you in 2018!
Our Personal trainers here in Tucson are dedicated to helping you reach your fitness and health goals. It starts with a physical assessment to determine your abilities and to set you up for success. A workout routine is tailored just for you and your desired outcome. Want to get stronger? Lose 20 pounds? Increase your stamina? These are the goals you discuss with your trainer. And don’t be surprised if you have those days where you just don’t think you can do it, or that working out is such a chore. If you schedule an appointment with a personal trainer, you will be more likely to follow through. Being accountable to someone else is a huge part of your success; you feel more like working out when you know someone is counting on you! With the coaching, support, and direction you’ll receive from your personal trainer, you will be amazed at what you can achieve!
Another key element is your lifestyle. Are you a binge eater? Do you drink enough water? Do you prefer outside exercise like hiking, jogging or sports to traditional workouts? Do you procrastinate? Do you finish what you start? These factors will also play into your overall success, so be honest with your trainer about your lifestyle. He or she can take all of these items into consideration when putting together a workout regime that will challenge you but not defeat you, and help you successfully achieve your goals.
Starting small is a good step one. After meeting with one of our qualified personal trainers at our Tucson Gym, you will begin assessing your physical state and your desired outcome, it is smart to set small, attainable goals. If you want to lose or even gain weight, set your goal at five pounds and give yourself a deadline to make this goal. Talk frankly with your trainer and have him or she gives you viable tips to make these small goals. Once you see that you are capable of completing these little tasks, you’ll be amazed at how quickly they add up and soon, you will be your main goal!
In addition to helping you set goals and giving you tips on how to achieve them, a personal trainer is there to push you and motivate you. Staying on task and working a regularly scheduled routine will provide you with the best results. A personal trainer not only provides the proper way to complete exercises, use equipment, and measure success, but he or she is there to cheer you on and motivate you to be a better you. Knowing how to safely use your muscles and how each piece of equipment can help you tone and sculpt your body is one of the key factors a personal trainer can provide you. If you have ever attempted to work out without a trainer and failed, it may be because you were not fully trained on HOW to work out. Avoiding injury is another way the trainer can help you, by properly aligning you on a machine, or making sure the workout you are completing is not something that will harm you. If you have bad knees, running up a steep hill will not encourage you to keep working on your goals, and may, in fact, injure your knees further.
Improper technique cannot only result in injury but deter you further from reaching your goal. Having a trainer can ensure you don’t overwhelm yourself; many people attempt to push themselves too hard at first thinking that they will achieve results faster. Losing weight, building muscle and bettering your health is a marathon, not a sprint! It takes determination and dedication to actually achieve these goals, so don’t get discouraged if you don’t see results right away. Your personal trainer can give you an idea of the inches you’ve lost, the decrease in your body mass index (BMI) and over small indicators that you are on your way, even if you haven’t lost pounds or you feel you’re not making the strides you should be. Patience is a huge part of the overall process.
A huge part of the trainer’s job is making the workout fun and not boring. If you use the same machines day after day or run the same hill every afternoon, you’re not varying your workout enough. A trainer can help to incorporate a variety of exercises into your regime to keep it fresh and to keep you involved. The trainer can also assist you with dietary selections. It’s great to work out, but if you eat candy bars and drink soda, the pounds are not going to come off, and you risk health consequences. Mapping out a healthy diet—one you can easily stick to with foods you enjoy—can also be a benefit to having a personal trainer.
Something else to consider: many people give up if they cheat on their diet or don’t work out when they are supposed to; don’t let this be your catalyst for failure. Cut yourself some slack and recognize that one pizza does not mean you can’t lose the weight or fit into that slinky dress; it just means you are human. Any personal trainer worth his weight in gold will understand a slip-up and guide you back on course. The satisfaction of seeing you succeed is what the trainers strive for; it’s how they measure their effectiveness. It will take a team to get you where you want to be.
Remember that working out has long-term benefits in addition to whittling down your waistline. Regular exercise lessens the likelihood that you will suffer from heart disease, diabetes, and other long-term health issues. So this New Years, when you make that resolution to lose weight, consider the benefits to having a personal trainer in Tucson guide you to a healthier, happier you in 2018!
Notable Arizona Health Related Blogs To Check Out
• Sports injuries happen, and finding a qualified sports chiropractor in Arizona can take some research. You can start here. http://www.arizonahealthpros.com/get-head-straight/
• If you are going to try this without a personal trainer, make sure you have health care coverage. Sports injuries are real and medical attention may be required if you hurt yourself. This article is interesting, it talks about health care for AZ rural women. http://arizonasonoranewsservice.com/health-care-not-easy-az-rural-women/
• Here is some healthcare advise from a local Phoenix Chiropractor. Preventative measures are always best. Here are a few for you to consider. http://www.azfamilyhealth.com/2010/09/save-your-back-with-simple-moves/
• Even professional athletes seek medical attention for various injuries and pains. According to this article, the Arizona Coyotes look to Arrowhead Health Centers for medical treatment. https://arrowheadhealth.com/team-healthcare-the-arizona-coyotes-secret-weapon/
• There is an innovative medical facility in Camp Verde. If you are local to the area and suffer a sports-related injury you should check it out. http://www.flagstaffbusinessnews.com/innovative-new-medical-facility-rises-camp-verde/
• Weight loss is a combination of diet and exercise. We have you covered with exercise, here are some great tips for proper dieting from this Scottsdale blog. https://www.livebetterinscottsdale.com/2011/01/true-food-kitchen-scottsdale-and-phoenix-az-cooking-smarter-for-health-and-happiness/
• Let’s not forget how important dental health is for your overall healthcare. Check out these tips from Arizona’s own Delta Dental. http://deltadentalazblog.com/brush-your-teeth-to-keep-your-heart-healthy/
• While we are your answer to fitness and personal training in Tucson, we are not able to help out those who reside in Phoenix. We have however found someone that may be able to help out Phoenix locals and you can check out the website here. http://www.skinsportfitnesscenter.com/personal-trainer-phoenix-az/
• Staying healthy in 2018 also means being aware of your surroundings. Did you know there were fleas here in AZ that were found carrying the Bubonic Plague? Keep your pets clean and learn more here. http://www.ieyenews.com/wordpress/fleas-carrying-the-bubonic-plague-have-been-found-in-arizona/
• We know that weight loss can help to eliminate back pain caused by obesity, but there are some other steps you can take to reduce pain on your back. The Arizona Pan and Spine Institute have some great tips for you. https://gotpainarizona.com/5-ways-lessen-back-pain/
• Are there health benefits to raw milk? Honestly, I don’t know but came across this blog post about a Flagstaff farmers market that started carrying it and other raw foods. Check it out. https://flagliberty.wordpress.com/2013/01/26/heres-to-health-raw-milk-co-op-comes-to-flagstaff/
• A fun blog post from Krystal Miller https://www.healthyhappythriftyfamily.com/2016/03/arizona-science-center.html